What Is A Live-In Carer?
A live-in carer is an individual that is expertly trained for a set task of caring whilst also living with the person being cared for. This also makes it possible for the person requiring care to continue enjoying their life in the comfort of their own home, with the helping hand on call. Tasks for a live-in carer will vary depending on the client’s requirements, from personal care, helping with daily chores, or even simply getting around the house.
What Do Live-In Carers Do?
There are a wide range of tasks in which a live-in carer can enable you to continue, whilst still being present at home. These tasks can include:
- Completing household chores
- Support with bathing, getting dressed and toileting
- Mobility support throughout the home
- Preparing meals
- Companionship and emotional support
- Caring for pets, including walking and feeding
- Laundry and ironing
- Support with leaving the house
- Running errands
- Applying and administering medication
Those with complex medical conditions will have the pleasure of receiving a carer that will learn the small niches for helping to deal with said conditions. An example of this would be those with low blood sugar, which will require monitoring and will be provided with certain dietary needs. Other examples would involve those who require regular insulin injections or ventilation.
Reasons To Choose A Live-In Carer
Other than completing tasks, a live-in carer has many other reasons for being chosen. As imagined, being in care may become a lonely and mundane place for someone to be in, with the lack of human communication and other aspects that the rest of us can take for granted. Sometimes just having a carer within the household may put someone at ease. Some of the benefits may include:
- Avoiding change, keeping life the same as much as it can be with the extra support
- Flexible care to be built around your needs, requiring your career as much or as little as possible
- Staying in your home and the environment that puts you must at ease
- Being able to keep the same routines, hobbies and interests
- Companionship, watching TV together, enjoying days out or enjoying meals with one another
- Emotional support, often leading to friendships
Who Can Offer Me Live-In Carers?
With professional training and regulation by the CQC, as well as having a 5* rating on NHS choices and 9.4 on the reputable review website ‘homecare.co.uk’. We believe our services here at Arbour Care are second to none. Contact us now at: